The SSC has released its official SSC CGL notification 2017. Now it’s time to learn how to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. In this article, we will give you preparation guidelines for SSC CGL 2017 Exam and also mention time management tips that how much time for each section you can devote while preparing SSC CGL Tier 1.
Before you move forword, see the detailed syllabus for the exam to know the detailed break-up of various sections and the probable mark-distribution. Now, first of all, make sure you know everything about the latest SSC CGL exam pattern 2017 for Tier I.
Exam Pattern to Prepare For SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam:
The total time of paper is 60 minutes. There is no sectional time limit so you have are free to attempt various sections in any order you want. Now let’s see each section individually and make a strategy that can give you the impetus you require to ace this exam.
How to prepare for SSC CGL Tier I in 3 months – General Intelligence and Reasoning:
Topics like Puzzles, analogy, coding-decoding, series, figure-based questions, etc. are very scoring. Start with these and move on to more versatile questions. You will notice a great improvement in your accuracy within a week if you practice consistently. Furthermore, non-verbal reasoning topics like image assembling, figure-counting, etc. require you to employ visual imagination. Do not skip or ignore these questions because they seem time-consuming to you. Solving them is the best way to make them less time-consuming.
How to prepare for SSC CGL in 3 months – General Awareness:
General awareness (GA) is the most scoring section of the exam. If you prepare this section thoroughly now, it will not take more than 10 minutes of your time during the exam. You can utilize the time you save here for doing calculations in Quantitative Aptitude.
Prepare the subjects in the following order of priority:
Science>> Polity>> History>> Geography>> Economy>> Miscellaneous
Static GK mainly pertains to Geography (India+World), Environment, Culture, Indian History, Economy and Polity. Make notes and mindmaps to remember facts, chronology of events, cause and effect, etc. Practice at least 75 questions of GA everyday within 30 minutes. From this sections focus on those topics which are asked in SSC CGL 2016 Tier I exam.
The following points will help you cover almost all aspects of General Awareness:
- Current Affairs App: Since you have more than 1 months of time, go through the notes and indugled in the App. Also, take the Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quizzes.
- Static GK: These capsules are important to keep you up to date on trivia and events and to boost your General Awareness.
- GK Quiz: Improve your General Awareness with these short quizzes. To prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam and simultaneously test yourself, these quizzes are the best platform.
- Current Affairs Capsules: If you don’t have an Android app, read Daily/Monthly Capsules of the past 3 months.
- Current Affairs Quiz: Make it a point to take these quizzes daily.
Note: When it comes to General Awareness, revision is the key to success!
More Rules to Follow While You Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam:
- The first thing you should do when you sit to study is to solve a mock question paper. Solve at least one mock paper every day.
- Time yourself section-wise.
- After you solve a mock test, review it in and out. Analyze your errors, time taken, accuracy and approach.
- Try different time-management strategies like the ones given below and adopt the one that suits you the best.
You can also check out blogs for SSC CGL Exam Preparation from the link below:
Hopefully, after reading this post you will know exactly how to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. However, if there is still something more you need help with, then please comment below and let us know.