SSC CGL 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Notification
The recruitment notification for SSC CGL 2017 has been sooner or later released via Staff Selection Committee of India. The official notification was released by Staff Selection Commission on 16th of May, 2017. Tier-I exam of SSC CGL 2017 can be conducted from 1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017. SSC CGL 2017 Tier-II examination is due on 10th and 11th November 2017. In step with the notification released, a total of 4733 vacancies is to be filled by SSC CGL 2017 exam. Candidates are required to visit this website online frequently for in addition updates from staff selection commission of India. It’s by no means too overdue to begin, therefore equipment yourself up for considerable coaching for this exam.
Click Here to view SSC CGL 2017 Official Notification
Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. The government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and the Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• The Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL 2017 Vacancy
The Central Government had announced that they will hire 2.2 Lakh people from March 2015. Out of these a maximum of 70,000 vacancies, will be created in Income Tax, Excise and Customs Department. Approximately 14 lac candidates appear for the SSC CGL exam every year. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies. However, the number of vacancies was increased to 9000 later. For 2017 CGL Exam, the number of vacancies as declared by Staff Service Commission of India is 4733, given a slew of hiring in Income Tax Department and the Excise Department of India.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2017 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|Application starts form||15th May 2017|
|Last date for registration||19th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||1st Aug to 20th Aug 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||10th-11th November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||21st January 2018|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test||February 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centre
The list of exam centers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 has been released by SSC with the official notification of SSC CGL 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Registration Date Extended
The last date to apply online for SSC CGL 2017 has now been extended to 19th June 2017.
Earlier the last date for online application was 16th June 2017. Staff Selection Commission has rolled out a notice for the extension of the last date to apply. The change in schedule is due to technical problems faced by candidates for filling on-line application forms during the last two days.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern – The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
• Reduction in the time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
• The introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• Tier II will remain same.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
Since the SSC CGL is comprised of 4 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10+2 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS(Assistant), MEA(Assistant), Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC], Inspector (Preventive Officer)[CBEC] & Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL Coaching
Career Power classroom programs are most exhaustive coaching Programme in Banking and SSC verticals across India. Out of every 5 classroom students of Career Power, 3 got selected for Banking or SSC jobs in 2015-16.
SSC CGL Mock Tests and Online Test Series
Career Power provides Online Test Series for various Bank & SSC exams (like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SBI, RBI, NABARD etc), which is well-researched and closely emulate the exact exam pattern. Practice papers are prepared to keep in the mind the last year’s exam pattern and expected a change in the pattern and level of questions.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Preparation
SSC CGL exam preparation must be done in a systematic manner, with the latest exam pattern in mind. It is important to choose the right study material so that you can understand the concepts and practice a wide variety of questions as well.
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2017. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are a different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
Click Here to view New Age Limit for SSC CGL 2017
|Age Limit||Name of post||Department / Ministries||Grade pay|
|18-27 years||Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||4600|
|Auditor||Officer under C&AG||2800|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||4600|
|Not Exceeding 30 years||Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||4600|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||CBEC||4600|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG||4800|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||4600|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||4600|
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||4600|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||4200|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics &Prog. Implementation||4200|
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications vary according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL 2017 Online Application
The online application for SSC CGL 2017 exam will begin after the release of the official notification. The last date to apply online is 19th June 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by Female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• To pay a fee in cash, the candidate should take a printout of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Exam 2017 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CGL Cut Off:
Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CGL exams over the previous years:
SSC CGL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||137.5||125.5||114||103||97||68||20||92||—|
SSC CGL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||102.25||89.5||80.25||74.25||69||50||20||67.75||—|
SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key
The official answer key to the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is released by Staff Selection Commission within 10 to 15 days of the successful completion of the Tier-1 exam. Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their approximate marks and expected ranks in SSC CGL Tier-1 exam.